Tom Fletcher was the guest speaker at Value Analysis Canada – Western Canada meeting in Edmonton. The topic was “using value management processes to challenge conventional problem solving techniques.
On May 11th Tom Fletcher conducted a one day value engineering course for a large energy sector client in Edmonton.
The Fletcher Group was awarded the contract to develop Value Management Policies Procedures for Alberta Infrastructure.
The Fletcher Group was awarded the contract to provide Value Management Engineering services through the planning, design and construction phases for two to ten story apartments for a Toronto area church.
Twenty (23) participants from the participants as far away as the Philippines, United Arab Emirates, British Columbia and Ontario attended the Value Engineering Module 1 Course that was conducted by the Fletcher Group and Lucie Parrot. The course was held in Toronto from October 24-28 , 2016.
We also received requests from France, Germany, Denmark and the USA from people that will attend future sessions.
The participants were from a combination of MTO employees, Consulting Engineering firms from across the province and the Philippines and private sector firms from Canada and the USA. Three projects were supplied by the Ontario Ministry of Transportation and one from the City of Toronto as case examples for the participants to evaluate. Participants were divided into four groups and used their new skills to create many creative solutions for the project managers to consider.
Thank you to the Ministry (MTO) and Steve Holmes, Senior Value Engineer at MTO & Katrina Blom from the City of Toronto for providing a challenging range of projects for the participants to evaluate.
Excellent comments were received from the participants concerning content and facilitation techniques.. All participants acknowledged the VE methodology will be directly applicable to their work.
What people are saying!
- Excellent Course; Awesome job. Helped me to critically think and not rely on past projects and procedures. Amalia MTO
- Fantastic Course; Function Diagram and functional performance specification will be very helpful on the job Chris K. (MTO)
- Training session was wonderful, facilitators were excellent. Course was very eye opening in terms of Value Engineering approach. Amanullah K. ( United Arab Emiratis)
- I gained more insight that I can impart into projects that I am working on in Manilla. Very qualified trainers. Very helpful guidance throughout the sessions Rhiza C. (Philippines)
- Its an eye opening experience to see how hard it is to reach agreement on a complex project. Mary Y, Toronto SNC
- Great job ! Most important thing was learning function analysis to add value to jobs. David C. (British Columbia)
- Great week. Now understand the meaning of function analysis. Wayne H. Ontario consultant